Monday, December 19, 2005

The Heart of the Matter


I'm jumping in, feet first. I know how to swim but I haven't been in these waters before. Can I maintain a blog? Will I be able to post often enough? Is maintaining a blog easier than maintaining a website? The answers to these questions will only come if I take this leap into new waters.

It's not like me to sit on the sidelines and watch - I like to be a player, a participant, a creator. My friend and I have had a lot of discussions about blogs - should we, can we, will we? She is late for our morning chat, so here I am, writing my first post to my blog. Welcome everyone.

Why Art Heart? Well, LaLas Land was taken, but I think that was a good thing. I wanted to christen this blog with a name that was reflective of me, of what I do and how I feel. I have an Art Heart. Not only do I find solace and peace when I create, but I want to share with everyone the magic that comes when one creates, when one makes stuff. It never ceases to astound me, that feeling you get when you take raw materials and turn them into something of beauty...like spinning straw into gold. To me, that is the heart of the matter. It's no coincidence you find the word art in heart.

1 comment:

Scraps of my Life said...

Hi Lesley!It's Lynn from England!Chris wants to get on the computer and is being a pain,but I have now commented on all your postings except one I think!!I didn't want to use Heart in my Blog title,but AT THE HEART OF MY LIFE was another name I had thought of for my Blog!