Sunday, February 19, 2006

Tick, tick, tick

This photo of a middle-aged blogger is for Loretta. It's my Georgia O'Keeffe imitation, Cambria, CA February 2006.

My last post was aptly entitled Time Flies. I always hear its wings flapping. I feel like I always have this ticking timeclock on my shoulder ~ tick.....tick.....tick. Most of the pressure is self-imposed, but hey, when opportunity knocks, I answer. I'd be foolish to turn a good opportunity down, because after all, this is my dream I'm living and working towards - my ART HEART. So if it means I move double-time, well that's all part of the gig, right?
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were no doors before. ~ Joseph Campbell

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. ~ Goethe
So you see, I have to do this show at the Chicago Quilt Festival in April. Yes, the Chicago Quilt Festival. I taught there last year, but missed the teaching application deadline this year. But maybe that was a good thing. This year they are launching a new section, in conjunction with my magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors (I'm the Arts Editor). So, they still had a booth available in this new Mixed Media Arts section and asked if I wanted to take it. I decided to take the plunge. So I'll be there, doing demos, selling my book and DVD (it will be available April 1st), and new kits for printing on fabric and transparencies for transfers. Each kit will include CDs of images and quotes....maybe more, I'm still reeling with the possibilities.
So why is this creating anxiety? Well, I leave Friday for the Quilting Arts Quilt Cruise, I have 14 more hours of Real Estate Appraisal Continuing Ed classes to do (online, thankfully),FAFSA financial aid forms for my 2 college student children, which means taxes, and oh, maybe an appraisal or two also. The deadline for the Journal Quilt Project is March 1 too...tick, tick, tick

So, if I disappear on you for a while, it's not because I am a bad blogger, it's just because I am so very, very busy. Good busy. And while it's the kind of busy I enjoy being, it still creates stress ~ tick, tick, tick. Good thing I have this cruise next week. I can use the down time for stitching, planning, designing, breathing and if I had a laptop....blogging. Who knows, maybe I'll even find some time for that in the onboard internet cafe. Now back to work....

7 comments:

Loretta said...

And you are proof positive that with age comes beauty and wisdom.

Yes, enjoy your wild ride, Buddha, and come back soon to share your adventures with us.

nina said...

you are lovely, lovelier, much lovelier than georgia, and i've seen you firsthand and can say this with absolute authority. it was a great sunset, too, huh?!
don't hide for too long on that boat. keep your eyes on the horizon, and your pen to the page (and see what can happen with that!) xx

claudine hellmuth said...

I am so excited for you about the Quilt Show!

I don't know how you do it all, I don't even have kids and I have a hard time keeping up!

don't forget to breathe!
love you sweetie!
xxxxox

Scraps of my Life said...

Hi!It is Lynn from England!! I don't know how you do it either...you cram so much into your days..!! I am looking forward to hearing about your Quilt show and cruise.Enjoy-don't forget some time for yourself!! Love,Lynn!!

juju said...

I don't know how any of us keep all our balls in the air.
Good luck with yours.

gnewfry said...

i hope they continue the mixed media portion of the quilt show next year too. the whole concept of creating a different kind of inventory on short notice was too much for me! plus we have no money since we bought a house this fall. i will try to see you there!

http://newfry.typepad.com

Karen said...

you look beautiful!!!
and an inspiration to artist moms- hopefully one of these days I'll figure out how to be a mom amongst other things. Right now I am completely consumed by it. you seem to do it with grace :)