Thursday, April 27, 2006

NY Part Deux

After class was over on Sunday, Buddy and I drove back to Hudson to have dinner with the amazing Lynne Perrella and her just as talented and wonderful husband, John, at the funky Mexican Radio restaurant.
We arrived early enough to walk up and down main street. Teaching all weekend meant I didn't see much of the Hudson River valley, so I was glad we had the extra time. The town is full of trendy antique shops and cool little places that draw in the weekenders from NYC - or 212s as they're called. I particularly loved the way my camera picked up reflections in the shop windows.

8 comments:

Misty Mawn said...

I LOVE that chair...Looks like a great place!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

no no no I cam here to say I liked the chair and the sign Shop naked! And I adore Mexican food which is not to be found in France!! So I'm drooling all over your blog!!

nina said...

i loved seeing the photo of you, buddy, lynne and john! and loretttttttttttttttta......and the photo of the sweater and skirt in the window is dear. i want to go there, by train. let's do it! xo

Lynn Simpson said...

I just finished dinner with you and I really enjoyed seeing you and your family and your art!!I can't wait to get home and watch your DVD and try to make some cool altered books!I enjoyed spending time with you-it is nice to still be close friends after all this time!!Love,Lynn!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Those are great shops!

Shirley in New Zealand

Lynn Simpson said...

Please write some more posts when you have time-I hope everything is fine with all of you...Love,Lynn Simpson

painters poets and pudding said...

And I love the manaquin.

firstborn studio said...

what fun you had!
i adore your shop windows,thanks for sharing them!