Sunday, April 02, 2006

On the Front Burner


Creating and selling CDs of my favorite quotes and images is something that has been on the back burner for years. The Chicago Quilt Show has put me into overdrive and moved the CD project to the front burner. Funny - to create them you burn them - so being on the front burner is right where they belong! Six different CDs - 2 CDs of quotes, 4 image CDs. After the show, I will be offering them for sale online. Now that I have all the kinks worked out and know how to create them (and the labels), I am ready to roll.


Another gift from the universe landed in my email box yesterday. Frederick Magazine, is doing an article on 7 Ways to Soothe Your Soul and they want to feature my fabric altered books! The phone interview is today and the photographer will be here Tuesday. What fun! Frederick is a wonderful Maryland town with the best historic district full of fun and arty shops. Good restaurants too. It's about a 45 minute drive north for me. One of my students has a new shop, The Muse, that I have yet to visit. Sounds like it's time for a road trip!

To learn more about gifts from the Universe, click here.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Congratulations on moving that exciting new project to the front burner! And what a wonderful opportunity to be published in a local magazine. Your books will be a perfect match for "soothing the soul."

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Clever idea!

firstborn studio said...

terrific!
i'll be checking back....

Anonymous said...

Put me on the list. I'm a buyer for images and quotes! Jeri Cochran

Lynn Simpson said...

Lynn from England says-Fantastic-save me one of each CD and I will pick them up when I see you in afew weeks-I am so proud of you for making your dreams come true!!!!Thank you for the link to TUT-how COOL!!!!!Good luck at the Chicago Quilt ShoW!!!!!!Love,Lynn!!

Elle said...

Great idea! I love the CD project!

Lynn Simpson said...

Lynn Simpson says-Hope the Quilt Show went well-tell me the dates of the next one because Amy,Debbie and I may meet there...it would be wonderful....I hope all your selling went well......Email me when you get home.....Love,Lynn

Scraps of my Life said...

Hello from Lynn in England-I have had to delete my Blog and will start a new on when I come back from my trip in April-I haven't heard from you-I assume you are very busy catching up and getting ready to go away with Buddy-Looking forward to seeing you soon!Love,Lynn!!!

Maggie said...

The CD's are a great idea.I got the one with people posing -stepping out. It reminds me of how on the first day of school each Sept. we had to hold a sign with the grade we were entering. I my kids endured the same thing!! what great value to include it with the fabric for printer kits.