Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Eggs Everywhere

I am seeing eggs everywhere. They keep reminding me that today is a beginning. And so is tomorrow, and the next day, and the one after that. I just finished watching a great movie last night, one I had never heard of -
The Prize Winner of Definace, Ohio. It's a true story based on a book her daughter wrote. Check it out - or read the book. But Julianne Moore does an excellent job in the movie. It just hit the right chord with me - it's about being creative, being optimistic. It's about the lack of opportunities our mothers endured. That is, if you are a baby-boomer, of course. Well, it's time for me to get into the studio. There are eggs that need to be cracked.

5 comments:

Lynn Simpson said...

I am the first to comment on this Blog-also a first!!

Love,Lynn!!

Lynn Simpson said...

My comment has not been registered,so I will write another!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend-Love,Lynn from England!!(again!!)>

Babsarella said...

I saw this movie recently too, and I LOVED IT!!! I couldn't believe one person could put up with so much from her husband, and her attitude about everything was so inspiring!!!!

Christine Marie said...

Just came across the movie on cable after reading your post. I probably wouldn't have watched it otherwise, but I'm so glad I did. You wouldn't think so, but so much of it still resonates today even though it was set in the early 60s. No matter what the era, it's inspiring to see women gaining inspiration from like-minded women!

Sioux said...

Thanks for the recommendation for the movie.