Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Two Today, Three Tomorrow

Today I have two granddaughters, tomorrow there will be three. This I know because of modern technology and advancements in maternal care and childbirth. The sonogram told us months ago that it was a little girl and that she was perfect by all indicators. We know she will enter the world tomorrow because her delivery will be induced. My son, Brian, now works here in MD and they have not yet sold their house in Massachusetts and moved to MD, so the delivery has been scheduled so he can be present, rather than let nature take her course. If all goes according to plan, Kathryn Elizabeth Riley will join the family tomorrow.

I won't be there and that saddens me. The other set of grandparents, Amy's parents, will be there and I am happy for them. I was at the hospital when Emma was born on June 30, 8 short years ago. And I know there will be many more grandchildren born into this family. I think I can wait to meet Kathryn, to hold her in my arms, smell that sweet baby smell and feel that delicate body, warm and close to mine.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

What a wonderful celebration! Congratulations. Don't forget to enjoy the amazing little gurgles, sighs and whimpers from the little angel!

Terry said...

What beautiful little girls. Babies---*****sighhhhh******---the most wonderful things in the world. You are a lucky grandmother.

Cris C said...

Two incredibly gorgeous girls. This is a most precious picture!

nina said...

i can't wait to see the first photo of you holding your gorgeous fresh new grandbaby! xoxoxo

Lynn Simpson said...

I adore that picture of your 2 grandaughters-please make a quilt picture with it!!You will meet your new grandaughter soon-very exciting!!Love to all of you and send our Congratulations to Brian and Amy and their family!! Love,Lynn

claudine hellmuth said...

yay! congrats! What a beautiful photo of these two girls!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I see a little mini quilt here, looking at the baby blanket colors and the girls shirts I see a heart two girls at top and baby at the bottom with your caption as the Title quote altered to: Two Yesterday, Three Today and another about sisters.... Then in the making of that mini quilt you'd be marking the time until meeting them and giving it them in person! Lucky lady and if you think about it, by the time you visit they will all be tired and you'll be the breath of fresh air and energy eagerness and enthusiasm they all need. Everyone comes at first and then they all go home and that is when you really need someone, you'll be that someone... hope that helps you mark the hours! Laura Lea