Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So Much to Share

I thought I'd come home and write a nice blog entry about my week in Houston. Then when I got home, I figured my blog entry would be about my new book arriving on my doorstep 2 months early. But last night changed everything. It's always so amazing to me that life can change in an instant. I had to change my blogging plans to talk of a wedding!

Jeff and Sara came over last night to have pizza dinner with us ~ The future Mr & Mrs Jeffrey Joiner nothing out of the ordinary. When dinner was over and the other 2 kids at home had scattered, Jeff asked us if we would give our permission for him to marry our daughter. I knew this was coming but figured they would wait until the holidays to announce it. Ha! And I thought I would have a quiet 4 months at home to organize and create new art. Could the Life of Riley get any better? I am riding the moon with this news. We spent the rest of the evening calling the rest of the clan. I could hear my other daughters (at work & at college) screaming through the phone when Sara broke the news.

the perfect holiday giftAnd yes, I was thrilled when I opened the package from Lark Books that was waiting for me when I got home from Houston ~ MY BOOK! I wasn't expecting it until January. I still have to call and find out if this means that everyone will be able to get a copy now, before the holidays...a great gift idea you know.

And Houston, Quilt Market and Festival. I'm still processing everything that I took in all week. Amazing students, astounding art, new opportunities, products, people, possibilities. It will take another whole post to tell you all about it, so stay tuned for more later this week.

PS I am revamping my blog so some of the old things are missing until I get it all set up again.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the new book; the cover is very attractive! And, congratulations to your daughter as well. I saw you briefly at the Houston Quilt Show but with so many faces and names you can hardly remember them all. I was flattered that you stopped by my Make it U workshop table to compliment my jacket (the one with the vintage hankies all over it). Turns out I bought it at a thrift store for $3 and only wear it at the Quilt Show once a year. Anyway, thanks for coming to Houston. It's always a blast. I posted about the quilt show as well on my blog:
http://e14studio.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Oh congratulations on all your news! I am so hoping that your book will be available before the holidays as I have so many people that will want it.

Laini said...

Hi Lesley -- congratulations about your daughter! Have a fabulous time planning. My sister is getting married next summer and is torturing my mom with all sorts of nontraditional things like not having flowers. BUT my mom got to plan MY wedding, which was quite traditional, so she can't be too upset. Also can't wait to see your book, it looks gorgeous. It was lovely hearing from you today. Look forward to "talking" more!

Cindy O'Leary said...

Wow, your feet must barely be touching the ground--how exciting! Congrats on both the wedding AND the book! Isn't it great when life just throws you these little surprises and turns your world all topsy-turvy? I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to see the book. xo cindy

http://www.painters-poets-and-puddin.typepad.com said...

Hello Lesley, What a lovely book and what great news, I wish you all the best with both. I am realativley new with blogging and have started to look for intersting links for my site, amy I add yours to mine.
Tess Baker

claire said...

wow leslie~ you must be floating on air. congrats on all of it! i haven't been to houston in 2 years...i think i need to go back next year! miss seeing everyone...
congratulations~

Pattie Mosca said...

Lesley...
Such a wonderful and loving homecoming for you!! Babies, weddings, teaching, books....You touch so many...and are touched with love!
Blessings...
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

What a powerful circle of love! More than enough happiness to last a lifetime...and all in one day!
May the love that surrounds you continue to give and give, allowing you to share and rejoice!

Loretta said...

So much wonderful news, Lesley! You are truly living a life of abundance. Best wishes and congratulations,. Can't wait to see the new book!

Tricia McKellar said...

congratulations on the wedding! and the book! life is good and then it just gets better :)