Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Spirit

My Winter WonderlandIt has finally arrived ~ my Christmas spirit. Perhaps it is the cold weather that has finally blown in to DC. Maybe it's the Christmas shopping I did this week. Could it be the lights Kelly has strung throughout the house, or one of my favorite Christmas songs playing on my computer? (Have you seen Love Actually ~a Christmastime must.

What exactly is Christmas spirit? How would you define it? Is it one of those "you-know-it-when-you-see/feel-it" kind of things? True, this time of year can be hectic and frazzled and frustrating, but it is also a slowing down time, when things that normally take priority slide into the backseat and the true, genuine things in life come to the forefront - family, love, random acts of kindness, smiles. People really do act nicer during the holidays. It's like we're all in a good mood at the same time. We're glowing, just like the lights strung on clapboards, bricks and boughs, mirroring the twinkling in our eyes, the overflow of light shining in our hearts.

Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words ~ Harlan Miller

Now back to the studio. Or is that Santa's workshop? No matter what you call it, it's the place where I make my magic.

2 comments:

annie lockhart said...

i have not jumped on the christmas bandwagon/sleigh yet...i want the spirit to envelope me soooon! i knew i stopped by here for a reason...this helped alot...i am going to scoot out to my workshop right now to see what i can get my hands and heart to come together on! warmest wishes to you...annie

Anonymous said...

I'm always surprised how many people say they hate the holidays!!! Its a chance to see and hear from friends and family, write cards, decorate the house in sparkly stuff, and most of all, pause and enjoy life rather than the usual busyness that pervades our days. Well, the holidays are busy too but they are a different sort of busy!
Alexandra
www.marvelousmadness.blogspot.com