Thursday, December 07, 2006
I've Finally Been Tagged
All this tagging that has gone on and I've always been able to dodge the bullet. But when someone as sweet as Annie Lockhart tags you, it's hard to say no. (She also tagged nina and Misty, so check to see if they did it too.) Besides, this one is funny - 6 Weird Things About Me. So here goes:
1. It's not weird to me, but my family says I hold my pencil, my brush, my fork funny. I rest them on my ring finger and control movement with both my index and middle finger. It's just not comfortable the other way. Am I the only one?
2. Nine out of then times I eat each food on my plate separately, saving the best for last. I taste everything, determine what the "best" is, then eat all of one, thing, turn the plate so the next item is in front of me, eat all of that and then there it is - the best for last. Obviously you would not see this behavior when I have a plate of spaghetti in front of me. I don't think it's weird at all, but my family begs to differ.
3. The latest weird thing (and again, it's not weird to me) is that I sing along with my new Ipod. Of course since my family cannot hear the music, they sit there laughing at me. But hey - I simply cannot keep my mouth shut or my feet still when there is good music playing. I think those who are not moved by the music are weird.
4. Speaking of music ~ I also tap my fingers a lot. On the steering wheel when I am driving, while I am watching TV, odd quiet moments. My husband has been known to lay his hand over mine and say, "Relax". But one of my kids pegged it - she asked, "Mommy, are you keeping time to the music in your head?" You betcha! And this was years before I got my Ipod.
5. I'm struggling here. Obviously we do not really think our own behavior is weird. It's the rest of the world that classifies it as weird. But the next one just occurred to me as I applied some chapstick. It's the chapstick! I simply CANNOT live without it. I carry one with me at all times and reapply several times a day. My lips really need it ~ really. I have heard that you can get addicted to chapstick. I once told my kids that if I am ever in a nursing home, please be sure my bedside table drawer is filled with chapsticks. More recently, when they announced the ban on liquids and gels, and before they approved lip balms (under 3 oz of course), I must confess that I snuck some onto a plane. I could not fathom going for hours without any. So I smeared some onto wax paper and stuck it in my pocket, praying that I would get through security without a major incident.
6.I like to hold my thumb in between my index and middle finger ~ another hand thing. I have a lot of hand issues don't I? Yep. I even like to look at them and admire them. They're not that pretty, but they are marvelous tools, an extension of self, my means of self-expression.
Should I tag anyone? I must admit, this little exercise has been very self-revealing and I have enjoyed it. So I tag you, the anonymous reader. It's totally voluntary.