Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Just a brief note combining yesterday's attempted post with today's Christmas wish for you. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Solstice, Festivus, Kwanzaa or your own spiritual path ~ may the love that we feel and spread today continue throughout the year. May the peace and love in your heart multiply through the coming year.
For somehow, not only at Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you.~ John Greenleaf Whittier



The new issue of INSIGHT Magazine hit local newsstands on Thursday. My brother-in-law was the first to see it, calling me from Starbucks early in the morning. Six or more free reading materials to choose from and he picked up this one, not knowing I was in the issue. And even stranger, he first opened to page 12 - and there I was! So I went out and gathered a few copies (they're free) to hand out as Christmas presents - very self-absorbed aren't I? LOL

I asked my daughter to read me the article as I drove away. She stopped reading when we arrived at the next stop on my errand list. I said, "Let's hurry! I can't wait to hear how the story ends!" They opted to use just one large Fragment photo so readers could read the quote on it. The quote reflected what was written in the article.
I'd gone through life believing inthe strength and competence of others; never in my own. Now, dazzled, I discovered that my capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of an old coat. ~ Joan Mills
As I said, they put out a fine magazine with attention to detail. I have been trying to upload a pdf of the article all day but cannot get it accepted. Perhaps later!

Now go dazzle yourself and others on this eve of Christmas!

3 comments:

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Congratulations on the book, the article, the whole nine yards! Where is Insight available? In LA? Elsewhere? Anyway, enjoy the kudos... I know you've worked long and hard, and earned them!

Cheers, Sarah

Loretta said...

Scan in a copy for those of us out of the area to read! Merry Christmas to you and your darling family, Lesley!

Deborah said...

So exciting. Congratulations. That lavendar sweater looks so great against those lime walls with your gorgeous hair! Lovely quote too -- I'm so happy for you.