Monday, February 19, 2007

The Space in Between

The KissI never touched a camera. Here's a sneak peek, courtesy of my brother-in-law. By Friday, the profesional photographs should be online, but alas, I'll be Down Under by then. Alas? no, I mean, hooray!

The wedding was a magical evening, truly, because I was floating the whole time. Magic because it all went without a hitch. Magic because my son performed the ceremony. Magic because everyone had a wonderful time. Magic because I danced for hours and have neither a blister nor sore body. I mean get-down boogie dancing too. Even my mother was out on the dance floor boogieing in her wheelchair. It all went by so fast that I need the pictures to relieve my moments and everything I missed. The newlyweds are in the Dominican Republic tonite and I am almost completely packed for Australia. My granddaughters and their parents are here with us for the rest of the week. I type this with 8 month old Kathryn in my lap. In the space between my big events, all is right in my world. My daughters & granddaughters

12 comments:

Judy Wise said...

You've made it all look so easy! What a blessed, beautiful family. Safe journey; can't wait to hear all about it.

Cindy O. said...

OH, I can feel the magic...I am so happy for you! I've been thinking about you and wondering how the big event went--what wonderful memories. Have a great trip...save the good stories to tell us in VA! See you soon, cindy
ps--I've also learned to type with my grandbaby on my lap, but I end up with a lot more typos...LOL!

nina said...

beautiful - just beautiful - as i knew it all would be. now, RELAX! see you tomorrow!!!!! xx

annie said...

so beautiful...it sounds beyond divine...have fun on your trip...

Plain Jane said...

wonderful! It sounds like it was indeed a magical wedding squishy and drenched with love. Safe journey to OZ. Keep us posted.

katie said...

you captured the beauty and magic - what a wonderful week for you, grandbaby on lap too :-)
have an amazing adventure - look forward to hearing all about through words and photos when you return.

misty said...

beautiful pictures! So glad to hear it was a magical event.

have a most wonderful & safe journey with nina down under!
xo

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

what a BEAUTIFUL candle light ceremony. I am sure you were busting at the seams like any proud parent.

Revel in these wonderful moments!

Travel safe and ENJOY!

Pamela Taylor said...

I am so happy to hear all went well and it was so special and magical as I was sure it would be....I found myself thinking of you on the special day hoping all was going well for you and your family. Have a wonderful trip...what an adventure! I would love to be in your classes!

Karen said...

Sounds like the wedding was a blast! I always say the judge of a good wedding is how well you danced.
have a great time down under & drink some good australian wine for me :)

deb said...

beautiful - look at those gorgeous flowers too!

Miss*Laurence said...

What a perfect day! And many more to come! Australia must be full of creative ideas. Loved your work too, will buy the book asap. (BTW the link to your itsy shop fails because there is one "http//"too many in the URL)
Read you soon.