Monday, August 27, 2007

Promise

We dropped our daughter Sam off at college this weekend. On our way up we stopped and met her boyfriend's family. As Marc's mother, Anne said, we just keep outdoing her by one - she has 5 children, we have 6, she's one of 11 children, my husband Buddy is one of 12. But we are both the same when it comes to having great kids. That night, after we headed home, Marc surprised Sam with this promise ring. Gotta love cell phones - Sam sent me this photo as I was driving home. What was it I said about beginnings yesterday? I'd say the school year is off to a great start!

3 comments:

nina said...

THAT'S a PROMISE ring?! good lord, when i was growing up, promise rings were the size of a seed bead! or the head of a pin. my goodness, it is beautiful....the times, they are a'changin'...x

Pamela Taylor said...

09Happy new beginnings, Lesley! And the blessings just keep coming, don't they? It is such a beautiful thing when our daughters find a good man to love them enough to commit to a promise...

and I am with Nina on the promise ring thing! I remember those seed bead rings!

Plain Jane said...

I'm with Nina too! That's a rock!
congrats and what a lovely event.