Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One Solution: Buy New Shoes

On Monday I was emailing my contact at Golden Paints. She asked how things were going. I said, "They could be better." Her response was, "Maybe buy some new shoes." Funny thing is, I had done just that. Bought a pair on Friday from my always there, "need a fix" shop Zappos.com, and they were here by Monday. I was actually shopping for these but fell in love with the ones you see here, gracing my feet. OK I must confess, I bought the other ones too.....

Anyway, not only love at first sight, but comfort as well. And that metallic silver leather - to die for. The Naot's run larger than your usual US size, so for my 7.5 foot, I bought a 38 or US 7. The Royal Elastics run a size smaller, so I got the 8s. I have a LOT of standing up to do over the next month and while my still comfy El Naturalistas are still going strong, a girl can never have too many comfortable shoes, now can she?

My mother, who liked to call herself the Imelda Marcos of Maryland would approve of this. She is still in the hospital but improving daily and may be able to go home tomorrow or Friday. Home will be to the skilled nursing portion of their retirement home, but still, it's better than the hospital. Thank all of you for inquiring about her health or sending prayers. It's not as scary as my Labor Day weekend hospital adventure, but stressful nonetheless.

I'm off to Berkeley, CA on Friday for a wonderful weekend with the East Bay Heritage Quilters. When I return I hope to have some exciting news to share as well.

13 comments:

judy coates perez said...

oh my god those are so cute. would it be weird if we had a closet full of the same shoes? I want those!!!!!

lklight said...

Oh you bad bad woman! I've lurked on your blog forever & I finally have to speak up...
You fuel my shoe addiction & you must stop now!!!!
I'm just sitting here, innocently eating my fiber sticks & decide to read some blogs. I'm not even THINKING about shoes, (which is rare) & then I see your new post. Before I know it, I'm off to Zappos again, scrolling & drooling over those amazing shoes!
Yours are to die for, I just love them!
If I'm not careful, I'm going to end up being the only homeless person with the coolest shoes ever! I'll be pushing a huge shopping cart filled with nothing but shoes!

Say it with me now, "we admit that we are powerless over shoes & our lives have become unmanageable!"
Leighanna

Kris Henderson said...

"we admit that we are powerless over shoes & our lives have become unmanageable!"

Loretta said...

Uh oh. Next time I see ya, we might be wearing the same shoes....

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery~

Joyce said...

Yes, those are the cutest shoes!! You are putting me over the edge, too!

lizart said...

Hi, Lesley. I sent a comment before but it doesn't seem to have made it through the ether. I wanted you to know how much I admire your grace under pressure (with or without new shoes - although that certainly can't hurt). Your spirit in meeting challenges is amazing. You're an inspiration to those of us who run around in circles under stress. I can't wait to spend a whole day in class with you at Art and Soul in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing what shoes you're wearing.

dejavucreations said...

as the saying goes ... if the shoe fits, buy it in every color! Wish I could be in your Berkley workshop, particulary since my sister Lorri will be and since I so enjoyed your class at Asilomar last year. Have a safe trip.

jan

Plain Jane said...

Well, I knew I liked you very much, but now I now that I see your taste in shoes, I love you! GREAT shoes Lesley!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

If new shoes are what you need to feel better Lesley, then you really must listen to this song http://artfelt.typepad.com/art_felt/2007/08/crusade-no-11--.html
it is perfect for you!
Megan

Megan said...

Ok - and if that doesn't work - just look up this guy on youtube Paolo Nutini "New Shoes" UK version.

claudine hellmuth said...

love the new shoes. sending hugs!
xxxox

martha brown said...

What beeeeautiful shoes! Thank you for sharing. Well, I thank you, my wallet doesn't......

Frivolitea said...

Those are the cooolest shoes!