Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cover Girl

My life has been so crazy busy lately, I forgot to share some really exciting news. I'm a cover girl!!! on the next issue of Cloth Paper Scissors, due on newsstands November 1st, just in time for my November birthday. The cover artwork was done for my article on rust. Remember rust? This is a long time dream come true, dating back to when I was editor of my high school year book, dreaming of working for a magazine but alas, did not live in NYC. How narrow my dreams were back then, before I understood that any dream can come true if you follow your heart. I got sidetracked along the way, but here I am checking that one off the list. I really must make a new list. The only one that hasn't come true is a new kitchen....and really, what good is that. My Thanksgiving dinners are just as perfect, my food just as tasty, my life just as full as it could be. Heck, if I can make art in my bedroom, I can cook in a 9'x11' kitchen with only 10' of counter space.

11 comments:

Pallas said...

Congratulation on becoming a 'cover girl'. I enjoy Cloth Paper Scissors, and even more now that you are a Contributing Editor. Looking forward to receiving this new issue.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on becoming a "cover girl". I will be anxiously awaiting my issue. And excited that it has something about rust in it because I bought a 50 cent 1937 very rusted TX license plate that I don't have a clue what to do with. I know you will have something fun for me to try.

Loretta said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are a most fitting and lovely Cover Girl! Can't wait to see it in person!

Loretta said...

One more thing - of the three artists on the front cover - you, Charlotte, and Judy - I count you all among my friends! How cool is that!

judy coates perez said...

oooh the colors on that are gorgeous. congrats cover girl!

Catherine said...

congratulations, I can't wait to get that!!

Adrienne said...

Oooh Congratulations! I can't wait to get my copy I was ready to run out of work and go get it but then I saw it wasn't available until Nov 1st. Ugh, oh well, can't wait. I'm not into rust but I might be after this, it's a beautiful cover!!!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

CONGRATS... LESLEY!!!! It is a WONDERFUL FEELING to be on the cover!

See you Soon

warmly,
Tracle Lyn

Deborah said...

CPS is getting better and better! Congratulations. Hope to see you in Houston, Lesley!

charlotte said...

congratulations, Lesley- it's so beautiful....and lookie what's up at the tippy top edge there.....thrilled!

barbara burkard said...

VERY KOOL! CONGRATS COVERGIRL! what a rush!!!love the cover of this book! I've been perusing it for a couple of weeks now...i'm also in this issue... in the letters to the editor portion (the baby quilt...i did two of the squares for the quilt and the book at the bottom! love your art!!!
hugz