Sunday, January 13, 2008

Grace

Grace is what I need right now. This is a lovely card sent to me by a dear, dear woman I met in New Zealand, Ailsa, neighbor of dear, sweet Wendy. I was moved by the beauty of it, the soft silk/satin fabric, the simple word, Grace inserted behind the ribbon.

Tomorrow I leave for England. This is not the trip to England I thought I would take someday. My dear friend Lynn, the woman I've know for 0ver 40 years, her husband died Friday, doing what he loved - playing soccer (football to those in the UK). My first reaction when I heard the news was, I have to go, there was no question in my mind or my heart. So I am. I will carry Grace with me and strong shoulders, a loving heart and wide open arms.

12 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Bless you, Lesley. Safe travels!

Kim said...

Life seems full of losses, but also full of love. The grace to share your love with a friend after your own loss is indeed grace-full. Godspeed. Kim G

I need orange said...

Sending much sympathy with you, for your friend. What a shocking loss.

dogfaeriex5 said...

god sped, sweet lesley....
will be thinking of you and your friend in my heart..
xox

Pamela Taylor said...

Lesley, I am so sorry that your friend suffered such a loss. But I am so glad you are going----not only to be with her, but for her to be with you. Your loss will enable you to comfort her as her presence will comfort you. And may Grace be the thread that strengthens the fabric of your spirit during this special time.

Pattie said...

Blessings to both you and your friend Lesley...

claudine hellmuth said...

sending hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you so much mom. You are such a wonderful person. Thank you for being the best role model.
Your daughter, Samantha

Plain Jane said...

oh Lesley. Sorry dear heart. xoxo

Karibeth said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story...It touched my heart and please know I feel your loss.
Love to you.

artisbliss said...

Lesley, I just found your blog and wanted to send my regards and well wishes. Sounds like you've been through it lately with your mother and now your friend's loss. I wish you strength and comfort.

Melissa P Hackmann said...

safe travels Lesley. It's crazy how what should be a quiet time to refuel yourself - is filled with refueling others. Best to you and your freind.