Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Good to Be Green

Finally, some art! It's Good to Be Green is an invitational exhibit at the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center, in Tillamook, Oregon, curated by artist Larkin Van Horn. This innovative show runs from March 4 - May 4, with opening night on March 9th. I'd love to be at the opening but it's not going to happen. My piece, Define Green, has a large image transfer created from a 2x3" 19th century tintype*. The quilt measures 18 x 45", so the image is about 18" high. I love this piece. It is for sale, but I'd really hate to see it go.

You can see wonderful detail shots and an excellent quality overall image on the show CD, which includes 47 pieces total, 28 art quilts, 19 pieces of other fiber art, 39 artists from 18 states and 1 province. It's only $15 (including shipping) with a portion going to Habitat for Humanity. This is one of the best quality and visually interesting CDs I have seen. The detail shots are better than seeing the quilts in person.

On a funny side note: Larkin asked me to be in this show way back in 2006. The deadline was in the Christmas/New Years range. Because I usually get a few months notice from anyone needing work from me, I assumed it was due December 2006. So when December rolled around, I emailed her to tell her it was almost done. Turns out she said December 2007. I was a year early! Good thing too, the way my 2007 turned out.

*See more of my tintype collection and artwork in Lynne Perrella's new book.

5 comments:

Babsarella said...

OMG!!! This quilt is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the large image with the small squares on the bottom. I can just imagine how incredible it must be IRL!!! Your talents never cease to amaze me!!!

Babsarella said...

p.s. I just checked your Etsy shop and don't see it there. Will you be listing it there or somewhere else? I would love to know more info on this piece.

A bird in the hand said...

I have the book, and I was surprised you have a tintype collection...I don't know why I was surprised, but I love the book!
I have your first book too which has given me hours of inspiration. Thank you!

Cheryl Prater said...

Lesley - I love this piece. LOVE it! The woman's expression, the apple, the composition - but especially the squares. Wonderful.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is just fabulous! Incredible transfer-this just speaks to me!!! Great piece!!
chris p