Sunday, February 03, 2008

No News Yet

I find it hard to focus on anything else right now, so I am spending my waiting time cleaning. Cleaning my room, my closets, my stacks of papers and boxes where things were tossed after hurried homecomings from far and near. Things that I have put off sorting through for the last 2 years (or is it 3?). I feel that I now have the luxury of time to devote to some organization. A cleaning out of the old and making room for the new. Creating not only space in my house, but in my head.

And I must share with you this new book I just started today. It's the book I think I've always wanted to write. I say "I think" because I've just read the introduction so I can't guarantee that everything in it will resonate with me, but so far, so good.

The title is The Red Book. I don't remember where I read about it - someones blog I'm sure. But it's just the thing for me right now. And small and lightweight enough to carry in my purse, so I'll have it with me at a moment's notice....if you know what I mean. All the Amazon reviews say, it's written for a younger crowd but appeals to the more "mature" woman as well. Hey - Gertrude Stein said we are always the same age inside. I'm young. How about you?

5 comments:

Sequana said...

On this upcoming Saturday, I'll be a year younger. *S* I always say to people who ask that my main man is 15yrs younger than I, but then EYE am 15yrs younger than I.

Age is a total state of mind.

Kari & Kijsa said...

Just bopped by to say hello...Love your blog!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

jeanne, herself said...

One of the very best things my great (great in terms of family lineage and adjectives) Aunt Rene (who lived to be 97.5 years young) taught me: just cause you can count it, doesn't mean it counts.

I apply that most especially to age.

And I thoroughly enjoyed The Red Book, too. It mostly just sounded like common sense to me, but that could be on account of my age.

Whatever that is.

judy coates perez said...

I don't feel older than 30 in my head and I feel like my kids are catching up to me.

Age is a very strange thing, I feel like I am going to be the same age for years and then one day I will suddenly be old. Right now that day still seems very far away.

Darlene said...

I have always been seeking a quote like that but didn't know it. Yes, I'm a mature woman. I don't like those other descriptions, ya da, ya da. I feel as if I'm 18 years old - creatively. And so I copied that quote down and will keep it close to my heart. Thank you!