Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sneak Preview

Back in 2005, 25 amazing artists got together to do a Self-Portrait collaboration. Many (most? all?) of the artists that you know from True Colors and Alphabetica were included, along with some talented, and at the time, newcomers. With 25 artists, we thought that it would take just 2 years to circulate the books. But as we all know, life often gets in the way of plans. But something good is always worth waiting for. I am one of the lucky ones...my completed journal is one of the ones now back home. The rest will be arriving back in each artists hands over the next few weeks, almost 3 years from the beginning.

As with the other collaborations, we each created a journal that set our theme and was in a way, a self-portrait in itself. Mine was made of fabric of course and my theme was The Common Thread - the thread that binds all artists together. Stay tuned, as next week I will present to you the the artists of the Self-Portrait collaboration and the pages they created in my book.

5 comments:

Sequana said...

What a wonderful project. I'm looking forward to future posts from you.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

OOH, I can hardly wait to see them!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I look forward to seeing these! So glad that you will be sharing!
chris p

Sue Smith said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see them!

2 Worlds said...

I bought your dvd and loved inspire me to work with fabric ,so thank you !