Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Are My Hands Full!

If you missed seeing the rest of this, it's because youhaven't signed up for the Cloth Paper Scissors newsletter. To see what it is and how to make it, check out Issue #76. Yes, I've been busy. There is always something to do here in LaLas Land. 'Tis a magic land indeed. There is no shortage of inspiration here, only time. Just when I think I have a moment, wham something or someone calls my name. But I remind myself I am a professional. I've multitasked myself to there and back, so I can juggle a baby and some art at the same time. But can I juggle three babies at the same time?

That was the question yesterday when I had all 5 granddaughters here, 4 for the day and one unexpected visitor. My daughter-in-laws birthday was about a week ago and my gift to her was something every mother dreams of...a day home alone. So down came 3 more granddaughters in addition to my regular babysitting gig with Riley. And then my daughter dropped in with Julia as well.

We tried to get a first ever all three babies photo with grandma but it was too laughable with floppy babies and Kathryn's crazy smile.

I have to run. I have my first weight-loss challange meeting in an hour. I'm excited to finally get a grip on my eating habits and loose some weight! I've got more goodies to show you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Sequana said...

Oh yea....I can tell by the look on your face what a hard job that was.....*L*

Carol said...

What a gorgeous photo, you and your babies are so beautiful. My 2 year old grand daughter will get a new brother or sister on Monday so we are very excitedly waiting for that. Hard to settle down to making books and doing normal everyday things when something miraculous is just waiting in the wings.

Joyce said...

What a wonderful way to have your hands full!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Your smiles say it all --- such joy!

Judy Wise said...

I really would love to scoop up at least one of those babies and help you (hee hee). You are blessed beyond all ...

Loretta said...

I can't say who is cuter - that adorable crinkled smiler, the floppy-over bebe, or the squashed granddaughter, trying her best to be a good sport and smile!

Maybe the cutest is the Grandmere with her armful of innocents!

Enjoy your abundant, generous, joyous family!

Wabbit said...

Loretta beat me to it. I was going to say I couldn't decide who is cuter, the children or the grannie!

Today I'm announcing a new swap on our Yahoo group, TreasureArtTrends, based on your Embellishments Urn project. I'm hosting so I'll send you a link to photos when we're done so that you can see what you've inspired. You may not be teaching classes this year, but you're still teaching and inspiring us! ;-))

Deborah said...

How is it possible that all the little ones are in focus and YOU are out of focus? Are you as squirmy as they are?! What a wonderful gift to the moms.

nkjohnston said...

Been trying to get my hands on these Zine's for ages! Love your blog, and thanks so much for sharing what you're feeling, thinking, have learned, etc. It's so worth the journey, and some of us are taking that same trek up the mountain and unsure at times.

Nancy in Michigan